Jon made bunk beds for the boys and we put them in the room last night! I am so impressed with how amazing they look. Jon did a great job and the boys were super excited to have them up finally. They watched Jon do some of the building and Sean even helped with the painting. It was a fun project.
This picture was before the ladder was up.
This sums up how Matthew feels about the beds.
They love climbing up and down the ladder.
Matthew has learned that you can't jump on the top bunk or you bonk your head on the ceiling.
Sean was being silly and shy for this video.
The light makes it look like their room is changing colors, sorry about that.
Jon had a lot of fun building this. He got some new tools out of it too. He just has to make some safety rails now to complete it. We prayed that the kids wouldn't fall out and they woke up unharmed this morning, so that was nice. Sean has never fallen out of bed so I wasn't too concerned, but Matthew sometimes does. He did great though and I'm just so glad that the boys have some space to play in their room now.
8 comments:
Those beds are AWESOME!!! I totally need dimensions for when we need to do bunk beds again for the boys. Ya, Eli falls out of his toddler bed almost nightly.
I should have put a link to the plans. They are here:
http://ana-white.com/2010/01/plans-how-to-modify-the-simple-bed-to-a-bunk-bed-land-of-nod.html
Jon said the ladder in the plans is too short though.
Friggin love these beds!
Seriously the boys are so lucky to have such an awesome talented caring Daddy.
I love the distressed look!
It looks awesome!! Good job Jon!!
I'm surprised you didn't mention that the first thing Sean did was put a sticker on it...and our subsequent reaction... :)
I'm really glad how strong they turned out - these beds are stiffer/stronger than our nice queen bed!
They turned out GREAT! You should send a pict. into Ana:)
WOW! I am impressed! Way to go Jon!
Post a Comment