Tuesday, October 14, 2014

First field trip to the Bloedel Reserve

Sean's homeschool group had their first field trip to the Bloedel Reserve. Since I liked it so much in the summer, I thought it would be fun to see it in the fall. I was worried that it might rain, but it was another beautiful fall day. I took Matthew out of school early so he could come with us. The place was all decorated for Fall. We were treated to a guided tour. We were a big group. Sean stayed up in the front with the lady doing the tour. Matthew was a bit of a straggler, so I didn't get to hear everything, but he was a fun companion, so I didn't mind too much. 

  
Matthew really wanted to know if alligators were in the pond. I assured him we don't live in the right place for alligators.


I didn't get any pictures of this walkway on our last trip and I love it so much. The pictures really don't do it justice.




This next pond/lake is where I would love to spend a quiet afternoon.
  

From the pond, you can see the residence. 
 

 
How could I not take a picture of Matthew with this huge pumpkin?!

The back side of the house. It faces the Puget Sound. 

There's Sean being interested in everything our tour guide had to say.

A pretty birch tree.

We walked down to the back lawn (on the Sound side) and looked back at the house. Not too shabby.


This little bridge was built as a Christmas present for Mrs. Bloedel.  


I have no idea what this plant is, but it had cool leaves.



I could totally use a Zen Garden in my back yard.   



 

I sort of love these two cuties!!


Walking through the Moss Garden was neat because of all the decorative pumpkins everywhere. 


 
  
  
  


I hope you enjoyed all the pretty pictures!



2 comments:

molly said...

I bet Matthew LOVES this time of year. Orange is everywhere!!
P.S. You want a zen garden? I bet you could do a small one in your backyard...hmmm....possibilities...

Holly said...

Seriously. That place looks amazing!