Monday, January 28, 2013
The Truth About Leftovers
Last night, we were eating leftover manicotti (this was the 3rd night in a row eating it). We left the kids to finish their food and came upstairs. A while later both the boys came upstairs and told us they were done eating. We told them how great that was and started watching a video or something. About a minute later, Sean came to me and said "I need to tell you something about dinner. I really threw the rest in the garbage." I asked him how much was left on his plate, and he told me shyly "A lot." Jon and I looked at each other and I think we both wondered how to deal with this 5-year old that did something naughty, but was honest about it. I think we told him that it was a bad choice because we want him to eat so he can grow, but that we were proud of him for telling the truth. Seriously?! Do you realize what kind of amazing kid this is?! We do and we're so glad he's our first born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment