Kira and I got back home quite late, but she asked so sweetly "Can I play with your kids?" We let them play for a little while but it was after 10! The next day they all woke up and were so excited to be able to play all day.
Jon and I got to finish a project one night too. We love our new wall in the playroom. We used to have a world map and a US map hanging up on the wall. We had a friend spending the night last month and the world map fell on him. Sean is happy that the map can't fall on anyone now. :)
Matthew the Pirate
Lorainne and Avery came up for a visit and brought Jack with them. Jack loved our back yard. He made himself a collection of sticks and even found a piece of an old dog toy (from the dogs that lived here before us! I thought I had cleaned them all up). He was such a sweet boy to have around. Sean was working on a project outside and Jack sat with him for a long time. It made me miss having a dog around.
It was so nice for Matthew and Kira to be together all day every day. They were so silly. There was some fighting and figuring out how to share, but mostly they were happy and having a great time.
We had a friend come over one day and I think Kira liked having another girl to play with for a bit.
One afternoon, Matthew and Kira were in the back yard collecting leaves and sticks in a bucket as "fairy food." They worked on it for a long time! Then they made a bit pile of all the food and invited me to see it. The next day was super windy and all their hard work flew off.
Here's a video of them working hard.
Sean earned a Comet of the Month award at school. He's here with his reading teacher.
Kira and Sean got along so well too. I think Sean's at a good age because now he realizes how to let a younger kid have some wins. I think she missed him while he was at school because she liked holding his hand on the way home.
We're so glad she was able to stay with us; it was so much fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment