Where does the time go?! It's been a good month so far, and I need to document it (especially for my mom, who always needs more pictures). We started off the month by going kayaking with my sister, my dad and some old friends. It was a perfect day for being on the lake! My niece's teacher lives on a lake and graciously let us use his back lawn, private dock, and his kayaks.
Everyone had a turn on a kayak and the older kids were great at giving rides. Sean, Jon, and Isabel went out and were gone for close to an hour. Good food, good company, good weather. I loved every minute of it!
We've been enjoying the sunshine (when it's around!) and we try to stay cool in our little pool. Maisy likes to dig in the dirt with the boys and then I make her take a little dip in the pool to wash off before coming inside.
She's notorious for finishing a bath and then running outside and instantly digging again. It's a good thing she's so pretty!!
One day after school, Sean started crumbling up some charcoal from the fire pit. I suggested he put a couple lines under his eyes to look like a warrior. He was super surprised that I would let him do that. Matthew jumped right on board with painting himself.
Seriously tough guys!
Last week, there was a Beach Seine at a local park. It's where marine biologists (I think) use a net to pull in some critters to check on the conditions of the animals and the water quality (pretty sure that's about what it means). I knew the kids would love it. Before it got started, they collected crabs and mussels and a couple other ocean creatures and put them in the kiddie pools that were set up.
There was a good crowd that showed up and we got to help pull the net in and measure the fish. Matthew's favorite part was once all the fish and other animals were counted and measured, they were put in the pools for the kids to look at and touch. He was so pleased with himself about holding several little jellyfish that didn't sting him.
Sean was in the right place at the right time and was asked to help check the water. I think he told me they were checking the temperature. I really have no idea. He looked official; our budding marine biologist.
So many treasures!!
The library's summer reading program kicked off with a party and the kids had fun there too. They built a lego beach scene, tried hula hooping, blew bubbles, submitted a book suggestion, and some other fun stuff. Sean has already read over 10 hours (He started on June 2nd) and I challenged him to read 100 hours to earn a T-shirt. I bet he'll make it!
The last day of school is tomorrow and I'm sure the second half of June will be amazing too!










2 comments:
Betsy, thanks for the darling pictures!! What a thoughtful mommy you are to find such entertaining and informative tours and field trips for the boys!
I dearly loved seeing you all last week at your dad's place! Isn,t it beautiful?
Cyndi is having her baby girl this a.m. and I am waiting for the good news! I'll be in touch!
Love you ALL!! Grandma G.
house...isn't it a beautiful place? Love you guys!! Grandma G.
Fun!!! We need to come see you because Ella will looooove Maisy! So much fun stuff going on over there! Glad you guys are keeping busy!
Post a Comment