Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fun on the Farm

Jon flew home from Salt Lake, but the kids and I had a couple more stops to make. We stayed one night with my cousin in Burley and it was great to see their family again. Then we were off to Ontario to see Mom and whoever else was around. We went to a friend's house and played all afternoon in their amazing backyard. There was a water slide, swings, a play structure, and snow cones. And cousins!! Rex flew up with his kids and we were more than happy to play with them some more. And another cousin was visiting my aunt and uncle. It was divine!






Rex was so nice and lifted Matthew up when they got to the bottom. Matthew hates getting his face wet.


 
The kids aren't really heavy enough to make it all the way to the bottom, but they didn't seem to mind walking the last section.


Do you see that smile?!

The swing was cool, although it occasionally got off balance and a kid hit the post and then everyone got tangled up. 


Cameron and Sean Cameron.

Another day we visited another cousin. She has a couple of pygmy goats that my uncle bought as a Father's day gift. They're weed wackers. Do ya get it?  

For the last 5 or 6 years, the kids have played in this little tractor. I think it's just about too small. But it has brought so much happiness to my kids and their cousins. 

I took the boys to Discovery Center of Idaho. They had a great time and I was pretty impressed with all the exhibits too.  




There were 3 big rooms full of different hands on activities. I stopped taking pictures because there was just so much. I totally recommend stopping if you're ever in Boise.

I stayed one night with Conrad and we had such a nice time. We roasted marshmallows, played outside a lot, and talked a lot. The kids also got sundaes. 

Then we were off to the farm to get dirty 


Sean's goal was to find obsidian. We found a LOT!

When Cameron had to leave, it was so sad. These boys had been having so much fun together. I'm glad they got to make some great memories together.  




These are not the haystacks of my childhood, but they'll have to do for my children. 




Matthew was in the tent enjoying a popsicle. Because there are always popsicles at the farm in the summer.

Mom had set up a hammock and it was so lovely to have a little rest and know my kids were being loved on by their grandma and great aunt.


Matthew even got set up in the hammock at one point. The string was tied to something else so he could rock himself.

These ladies are a couple of my very favorites. They were totally good sports to play this game with me.

I took some pictures of Sean against the backdrop of the calf barn. Because he's adorable. 






No comments: