Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sean's 5th Birthday

Sean's 5 years old!! I can't believe it! I think he had a pretty good day. Jon and I had blown up a bunch of balloons while the boys were sleeping and filled up their room with them. They seemed surprised and excited to have their floor covered in balloons. The kids helped me finish frosting the cake and waited for Jon to come home for lunch. We had told Sean he could open presents after lunch so he was super excited about that. He got 3 packages from various family members and a few things from us.


Can you see his excitement?




Reading all the cards made me very emotional. I guess I miss my family more than I thought I would. You guys are all wonderful and I feel so grateful for your love!

Sean had a hard time waiting for his cake. But it motivated him to eat his dinner quickly. He had requested a lego cake that was chocolate with mint frosting, I made this for him:







Trying to light Sean's candle was interesting. I usually have a lighter in my purse, but I must have left it in Washington. We also had no matches at home. We were trying to think of a way to light the candle. We decided to try lighting a tissue or piece of paper on fire with the stove. It's not gas, it's one of those flat surface stove tops. After several failed attempts, and lots of smoke, we finally started a tissue on fire and got the candle lit. The things we do for our kids, right? But Sean was happy to be able to make a wish and blow his candle out. He later told us that his wish was that Jon wouldn't have to go to work ever again. 

Here's a video of his birthday interview. He was in a super silly mood, so this is what I got.


What did you do for your birthday?
Ate cake.


What is your favorite color?
Green!


What is your favorite toy right now?
Legos


What is your favorite thing to do?
Play with legos


What are your friends names?
James


What is your favorite food?
Spaghetti


What is your favorite drink?
Milky pantsies


What is your favorite animal?


What do you want to be when you grow up?


What is your favorite song?


What is your favorite book?


What is your most favorite thing that Dad does?
play with legos


What is your most favorite thing that Mom does?
help you cook or snuggle with you.

We sure do love our Sean. He's a great first child. He takes care of Matthew and will even translate for him when Jon and I don't understand what he's saying. Sean loves singing and playing with his friends. He misses his Washington buddies and his cousins, but he's so friendly that he is making friends here too. He is so creative with his lego building skills. He's starting to read a little bit (not when I ask and he usually only wants to read a couple words before he's ready to move back onto playing). He's a great kid and Jon and I are sure proud that he's ours!

2 comments:

Bethany Hegerhorst said...

Soo darling! I love the cake you made, you are such a mega baker and we miss you around here! I can't believe he's 5 either. Now if I can ONLY save up super quick for seaworld san diego!!!
<3

Nicole said...

What a treasure. Sean of course but the video too. I love that idea.