My grandpa (Dee) passed away on the 10th of this month. It was sad because we will miss him, but also it was a long time coming. We headed to eastern Oregon for the funeral. It was so nice to see all my family in one spot. It has been a while since that has happened. It's fun to see all my cousins as adults and reconnect with them. The funeral was really nice. We sang some songs and we heard some stories about Grandpa and it was all just really nice. Grandpa loved to have a good time, and his funeral reflected that. I was reminded about how much he loved everyone and treated everyone in his home like family. He worked hard, and he knew how to play hard. He was a great man and I'm so grateful to be part of his family!
All my Garner cousins
The pallbearers. They were amazing.
After the funeral and lunch, the kids all played on the field behind the church.
There was sort of a hole and they loved it.
These two didn't want serious pictures, so I told them to be silly!
Almost all the great-grandkids together.
On the way back to Grandma's house, Matthew got to sit on Jon's lap and steer the car the last half mile or so. That was something Grandpa did with us often on the way home from church. Now Matthew keeps asking to drive. I'm trying to explain to him that things are different on the farm. We can't really do that in the city. Back the Grandma's house, we ate some more and played poker (I learned from Grandpa years ago) and laughed and talked. The kids played and played and had a great time. As much as it was a somber reason for getting together, it was a fitting tribute to Grandpa. I sure do love this group of people that are my family!


1 comment:
Awww! Yes as you said it was a somber reason to get together, but a fitting tribute to Grandpa. All the kids are adorable. I love that picture of Sean and Sophia. Adorable.
Post a Comment