It's that time of year again and my baby (don't tell him I called him that) started Kindergarten. He was so excited all summer long. We had a back to school social and he met his teacher and then he started getting cold feet. He said he had changed his mind and he wanted to stay home. His teacher seems so nice, I think he was just feeling nervous about someone new.
Well, the first day came and he was ready to go! We had gone to the school the day before to drop off his supplies and see his classroom so he would know where his desk was.
Here we go!
I helped him unload his lunch and backpack and then gave him a big hug at his desk. He asked me to stay, but I told him I had to go but would see him at lunch. He said ok and got to work on his coloring. I was so impressed with his bravery. Sean and I had lunch with him which was so nice. Then I picked him up at the end of a full day! He had lots to tell me. I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "The two recesses!"
My two darlings. Sean is being homeschooled this year and it has been great so far. Not perfect, but great. I think it will take us another week or so to figure out a good routine, but I love having him home and I love that he is able to work at a pace that suits him.
Both kids are liking school which makes me so happy. I love to watch them be so eager to learn. They are such smart children and I can't wait to watch them progress this year.
1 comment:
Your kids are super smart. And Cute! Yay for school!
Post a Comment