Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Reading in Full Swing

Last summer, Sean had a goal to read 100 hours for our library's Summer Reading program. He took a little too long and missed out on getting a t-shirt, so this year he is challenging himself to get his hours in early. Matthew's goal of 10 hours is a little more modest, and he is equally excited to reach his goal and earn a free book.

School is officially out now and both the boys are making great progress on their reading goals. Matthew is able to read pretty well for a 6 year old, but still likes to be read to. When I'm not available, he is happy to look at books for a long time.


Sean read this book in a day. I am learning that I need to have plenty of options on hand for him. 

Part of the Summer Reading program includes some pretty great activities. We live between two branches and I like to scope out what they each offer. There are so many to choose from! We have been to one already. It was a Minecraft party where 8 computers were hooked up for kids to play together. The boys have played Minecraft with their cousins before, but this was a different experience for them since it was on computers instead of devices (iPads, phones, etc.)



They had a great time and are looking forward to the next Minecraft afternoon in July. If you want to know more, check out the KRL Website.

No comments: