Monday, September 14, 2015

Road Trip: Lake Tahoe

We were looking for cool stops along the way to Las Vegas and we saw Lake Tahoe. It added about an hour of driving to our trip, but we figured since we don't know when we'll drive out again, we might as well stop. It was totally worth it. The water is so beautiful! As we drove down to the water we decided we need to come again when we can stay a week and just relax.






These boulders are amazing. The boys (especially Sean) loved climbing all over them. I think Sean's goal at every stop was to climb something.





There were some tight spots that only the kids could fit through. So fun!
  

Oh how I wished I could have been one of those kayakers.



I jumped from where I am in this shot to the rock in front of me. I was pretty proud of myself.

On the bum-rock



This looks like a good spot for a nap 


From the lovely lake, we drove into the desert. Followed by some desert. 
There were cool layers in the hills though.


We talked about what sort of geological events would have happened to make the layers look the way they do.



There was a side pointing to this. It said "Big Sand Dune"

We made it to Las Vegas that evening after a brief stop to try to help a Reggae band with a flat tire. We didn't have the right sized tire iron, but we had a nice visit and they gave us a demo CD because they were so thankful that we tried.

No comments: